The Responsive Select Menu is a free plugin from SevenSpark available in the WordPress plugin repository. It’s fully compatible with both Agility and UberMenu.
Through the Responsive Select Menu Control Panel you can:
- Set your width breakpoint (where your menu switches from your standard menu to a select box)
- Configure how many levels you wish to include in the select menu. Set it to 1 to include only the top-level menu items.
- Choose the character used to indent your submenu items within the select box
- Choose whether or not to exclude “dummy” items that don’t have links
- Set the text of the first menu item
Responsive Select Menu is designed to be used with any WordPress theme that supports unordered-list-based WordPress 3 menus, and is fully compatible with Agility.
Based on the excellent tutorial from Chris Coyier and CSS Tricks – many thanks!